Thursday, February 19, 2009

* Reeves, Jesse, Jasper Co., GA 1815



In the name of God Amen

This twentieth day of June in the Year of our Lord one thousand Eight hundred and fifteen I Jesse Reeves of the County of Jasper in the state of Georgia being very sick and weak in body but of proper mind and memory thanks be given unto god. Therefore calling unto mind the mortality of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die Do make and ordain this my last will and testament that is to say Principally and first of all I give and Recommend my soul into the hands of god that gave it and for my body I recommend it to the earth to be entered in a Christian manner at the discretion of my friends nothing doubting but at the general Ressurection I shall receive the same by the mighty power of god and touching such worldly Estate which with it has pleased god to bless me in this life. I give and demise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form. I give and to Sarah Reeves my --- -------- with all and singular my lands----and tenements two beds and furniture with all the house hold and Kitchen furniture by her to be fully possessed and enjoyed until death or so long as she may continue in widowhood I also give to my son David Reeves one grey horse and to my son Jonathan reeves one Sorel Horse and to my daughter Cynthia Brasell Two feather beds and furniture and to my daughter Asenah Mulley two feather Beds and furniture And to my daughter Lettice Reeves two feather beds with two ---- furniture and at the death of Sarah Reeves my dearly beloved wife or at her Marriage should she be so disposed I Give and bequeath to Jeremiah reeves Coleman reeves and Malachiah Reeves my three Youngest Sons all and Singular my lands and Tenements consisting of one hundred and fifty One acres be the same more or less to be divided equally between the three The lines for the division of the land to Run Northeast and Southeast parrellel with John Freemans Land and after it is equally divided for them to cast Lots for the same. Also to sell the Stallion horse at public sale and the money appropriated to pay my debts as far as it will go - the balance of my property with what it may increase or accumulate Consisting of one wagon & horses cattle hogs household and Kitchen furniture tools and farming utensils and whatsoever appertaining thereto to be kept together for the use and maintainance of my family until the death of Sarah Reeves my dearly beloved wife or so long as she may continue in widowhood. Then for the same to be sold at public venue and the profit that may arise therefrom to be equally divided among the surviving heirs. I likewise make and ordain my brother Jonathan Reeves my only and sole Executor of this my last will and Testament and do hereby entirely Revoke and disannul all and every other former Testaments Wills and Legacies bequests and executors by me in any ways before this time named will and bequeathed Rattifying and confirming this and no other to be my last will and Testament in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this day and year above written
Jesse (mark) Reeves
Signed published and declared by the said Jesse Reeves as his last will and Testament in the presence of us the Subscribers
David Reeves
Malichiah Reeves
Georgia} Personally appeared in Open Court David Reeves and
Jasper County} Malichiah Reeves the subscribing witnesses to the annexed will and being duly sworn saith that they saw Jesse Reeves sign seal publish and declare this instrument of writing to Contain his last will and Testament and at the time of his so doing he was of a sound disposing mind and memory Sworn to and subscribed in open court this 2nd day of
January 1814
Robert Robey C.C.O.
David Reeves
Malachiah (mark) Reeves
Registered 8th January 1816
Robert Robey C.C.O.


NOTE: Cynthia Reeves married James Brazell. Her father Jesse Reeves appears on the 1810 Guilford Co., NC census 5 names between himself and Jacob Brazell.


Documented Corrections Welcome