Saturday, January 1, 2011

* Joseph Braswell & Joannah Barron, Jones Co, GA 1814



Georgia}

Jones County}

Know all men by these presants that I Joseph Braswell for and in consideration of the Natural love and affection which I have and bare unto my beloved Daughter Joannah Barron also for divers other good causes and considerations I hereunto moving have given granted and by these Presants doe give grant and confirm unto my said Daughter Joannah Barron eight Negroes slaves namely Pheby. grace. her child Sura. Burrell. Simon. Jincy. agg Mary to have and to hold the said Negroes given to the said Joannah Barron and after her Death to goe to the Lawful heirs of her body and after her death to be Equelly divided amongst and betwen her Lawful heirs for their own proper use or their assigns and I the said Joseph Braswell doe warrant and for ever defend the titles of the said Negroes against the Claim of any person or persons whatsoever in Witness whereof I have here unto set my hand and seal this twenty sixth day of May one Thousand eight hundred and fourteen --- presants of
Test.........................................Joseph Braswell {Seal}
James Billingslea J.P.
Adam Carson J.P.

Georgia} Clerks Office Superior Court
Jones County} Recorded the 2nd June 1814
Harrison Smith Clk

Contributed by Vicki Kruschwitz