Wednesday, February 3, 2010

* Alfred P. Braswell, Laurens Co., GA 1859



In the name of God Amen, I Alfred P. Braswell being very infirm as to bodily health, deem it necessary and right as respects myself and my family, (that) I should make a disposition of the propert(y) with (w)hich a kind providence has blessed [page torn] I [page torn] make this my last Will and TestA(ament) [page torn] and annulling all [page torn] circumstances in life.

Item Second, I direct that my executors mentioned do proceed to sell lot of land number in the eighteenth district and such other property as can be best spared sufficient to raise money enough to satisfy and pay all my just debts without delay.

Item Third_I give and [illegible] to my beloved wife Mary Ann Jutson_all the balance of any property both real and personal of every kind during her natural life or widowhood, if my wife the said Mary Ann Jutson_should marry during her life, then all the property given to her by me is to be sold and the proceeds thereof equally divided between my children, and my wife to have an equal share with my children.

Item Fourth I constitute and point my beloved wife Mary Ann Jutson_my Executrix and my worth friend William H. Darsey Executor to this my last Will and testament, this July the 19' 1859 AP Braswell

Signed sealed declared and published by AP Braswell as his last Will and testament in the presence of us the subscribers who subscribe our names hereto in the presence of said testator and each other this July the 19' 1859

Benj W Darsey
Robert A Darsey
David J Darsey

(Laurens County, Georgia Will Book II)