Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Greenberry Sewell, Carroll Co., GA 1846



Greenberry Sewell married Martha Ann Braswell on the 29th of December in 1807 in Franklin County, Georgia.


Georgia}
Carroll county}
Know all men by these presents that I Green B Sewell of the County and state aforesaid being of sound mind and memory do make this my last will and Testament that is to say after payment of all my just debts my will is that the following disposition by made of my property that is to say I wish my wife to live on the land where we now live that is numbered one-hundred and sixty-six in the tenth District of said county during her life and after my death and at her death the said land and farm with all the appertained thereto to go to my two sons Franklin and William I wish my son Alexander to have a certain lot of land in Paulding county ---- by Thomas Chandler which land lies near C---- Town by Alexander paying Thomas Chandler five Dollars. I wish my son Clark to have my lot of land lying in Clarke county Georgia number I cannot recollect. I wish my children who are not married to have an equal part with those who are married heretofore as they marry off or if any of them should never marry to have an equal part with the rest. At my wife's death if she should outlast me I wish my stock of horses cattle and hogs and sheep -- to remain here on the farm to be managed for the use of the family by my wife and two sons William and Franklin as they may think best and also wagons smith tools and all the rest of my personal estate to remain for the use of the family during the life of my wife and at her death for all of my estate except what I have before provided for by this my Will to be divided equally amongst all my children if they can agree with any sale and if they cannot all agree for the property except the aforesaid three lots of land and what the children that is married have got a sufficient to the rest to make them equal to be sold and in equal distribution to all the children of the proceeds of the sale be made I hereby appoint my son Alexander Seawall to be my Executors to carry this my Will into effect after my death given under my hand this thirteenth day of January Eighteen hundred and forty-six signed in the presents of
}Green Berry Seawall

WW Merrell
Washington P. Parker
Hiram (his X mark ) McClery
B S Merrell JP

Source