Wednesday, June 25, 2008

George Sparks Will



Will of George Sparks
State of South Carolina
Newberry County


Be it remembered that on the Twentieth of October in the Year of our Lord One thousand Seven hundred And Ninety five that I George Sparks being Sick and Weak in body I thought it Proper after my body is laid in the Grave that my Worldly Affairs Should be Honestly Settled for Which I leave my friend George Powell to do in this State aforesaid and After Setling my Affairs Aforesaid According to law he to make a true Return of all to my sister Rachael Bicknel in North Carolina and she to receive it And to settle all the Rest of my affairs in the North State and receive the Whole and use it as her own till my Son Reuben Sparks is Come to the Age of Twenty One Years, as this I a---t my last Will

George (his X mark) Sparks {Seal}

Witnesseth
Valentine Braswell
Reason Davis

Recorded in Will Book "A" Page 355.
Proved March 2nd, 1796.
Test. Fred. Nance. C.C.
(Recorded Date Not Available).
(Original Will Not in Files of Probate Judge).

South Carolina Archives

See copy here: Valentine Braswell 1795