Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hannah Brazell, Richland Co., SC 1796



WILL OF HANNAH BRAZELL


IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN.


I Hannah Braswell being very sick and weak in body but of perfect mind and memory and knowing that it is Appointed for all people once to died, Do make and ordain this to be my last will and Testament, and first of all I give & Recommend my soul to Almighty God that gave it, and my Body I Recommend to the Earth to be buried at a Decent Christian burial at the Descretion of my Executors hereafter mentioned and as Touching such Worldly Estate wherewith it has pleased god to bless me within this life, I give Demise & dispose of the same in the manner & form following Item it is my will and desire that all my just debts & funeral charges be first paid, Item I give and bequeath all my Real and personal Estate to be Equally divided between John Holliday and Harriot Holliday, son & Daughter of William and Mary Holliday to them & the heirs of their body forever, but if either of them should Die before they have an heir it is my desire that the other should have the whole of the Estate, and if they both should die without Issue it is my desire that it shall be Equally Divided between Daniel Holliday's Eldest Daughter Sarah Holliday, and James Terry's Eldest Daughter Mary Terry and lastly I do hereby appoint my beloved friends Daniel Holliday & Ethel Heath my lawful Exort to Execute this my last will and testament. Ratifying & Confirming this and no other to be my last will and Testament in Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 12th Day of April Anno Domini 1796 signed sealed published pronounced & Declared in presence Of------

John Hopkins.................Hannah (her X mark) Braswell

James Terry

Mary (her X mark) Philips

Recorded in Will Book C. Page 140- Box 3 Package -54

Proved in Open court Oct 5th 1796

South Carolina Archives