Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mary Taylor, Richland, 1788

Will of Mary Taylor

In the Name of God Amen I Mary Taylor of the State So' Carolina Richland County do this 5th day July 1788 make and ordain this my Last will and Testament in Manner and form following--In the first place I Commend my Soul to god through the merits and mediation of Jesus Christ my only Savior and my body I Commit to to the Earth to be Buried at the Descretion of my Executor hereafter Mentioned and as Touching Such Worldly Estate as it hath pleased god to bless me withall I give and Desire in manner following, that is to Say my Will is my Funeral Charges and all my just debts to be duly paid - Item I give and Desire my wearing apperal and Peuter to be Equally Divided between my three Cousins, Elizabeth Brazell Mary Howell and Ann Strouman, and my Chairs be Given to Elizabeth Brazell -- Item I Give unto Undice Brazell the Bed and Furniture where on I Now Lay - Then I give and Bequeath unto Mary Howell Daughter of Arthur Howell and Mary Howell his wife, one feather Bed and furniture - Item I give unto Sarah Howell my Clothes Chest - Item I give annd Bequeath unto my friend John Bostick my three Negroe Woman Viz - Fann Crease & Grace to him and his heirs for ever and all the rest of my estate be it of whatever nature it will, as not before mentioned in the Said will finally I do appoint my True and Trusty friend John Bostick Nathan Williams and Thomas Williams Jun. to be the only and Sole Executors of this my Last Will and Testament
Mary (her X Mark) Taylor
Signed Sealed and Declared to be the Last will and Testament of
the testator In the presence of us
William Graves
W.M. Paulling
P. Chambless

Richland County
August Term 1790
The within last Will and Testament of Mary Taylor Deceased was produced in Open Court and duly proved upon the Evidence of William Paulling, and Ordered to be Recorded.
Phil. Pearson C.C.
Richland County Recorded in Book B folio 136 the 15 Sept. 1790. Recorded in Will Book B Page 136 Box 30 Package 737.

South Carolina Archives