Wednesday, July 27, 2011

1834 - Nathan Vick, Nash Co., NC



In the name of God amen I Nathan Vick, Sr. of the county of Nash and State of No Carolina being old and infirm tho of sound mind and deposing memory do this 28th day of October in the year of our Lord One thousand eight hundred and thirty four make publish and declare this to be my last will and testament in manner and form following to wit--- Item - my will and desire is first that all my just debts and burial expenses be paid by my executors or executrix hereafter mentioned Item - I lend to my beloved wife Mary Vick, during her natural life, all of my household and kitchen furniture and all of my stock of horses, cattle, hogges, sheep, etc. And at her death, I give and bequeath all the above named property leant to my wife to Nathan Vick, Jr. to him and his heirs forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my son Nathan Vick, Jr. one still and all of my cider cast, apple mill, etc. never the less my will and desire is that my son
Nathan Vick, Jr. shall have the use of the said still to still his own liquor. To him and his heirs
forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my son Nathan Vick, Jr. fifty cent to him and his heirs
forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Cloe Watkins, fifty cent to her and her heirs forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my son William Vick, fifty cent to him and his heirs forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter Christian Odom, fifty cent to her and her heirs forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter, Polley Braswell, fifty cents to her and her heirs forever. Item - I give and bequeath to my daughter Salley Braswell, fifty cents to her and her heirs forever. Item - my will and desire is that all of the balance of my estate be sold for the benefit of my son Nathan Vick, Jr. for him and his heirs forever. I do hereby constitute and appoint my nephew, Chandler M. Vick, my hole and sole executor to this my last will and testament. In testimony whereof I have hear unto set my hand and seal this day and year within and above mentioned.
signed sealed and acknowledged in the presants of Nathan (x) Vick {Seal}
John H. M. Vick
Pherebe Whitehead

State of NC and Nash county court, May Term 1835.
The foregoing will was duly proven in open court by the oath of John H Vick
and ordered to
be registered.
Albert A. Whitfield, C C
and is recorded
Albert A. Whitfield, C C.

(Nash Co., NC WB I 1778-1868 Pg. 408)

Updated July 27, 2011