Friday, July 29, 2011

Jesse Braswell Jr, Nash Co., NC 1818

This Indenture made this 26th January 1818 Between James Williams of the County of Southampton State of Virginia of the one part and Jesse Braswell Jur of the County of Nash and State of Northcarolina of the Other part Witnesseth that for and Inconsideration of the sum of Twenty Eight Dollars 87 1/2 Cents the receipt hereof I do hereby Acknowledge myself fully satisfyd And paid by the said Jesse Braswell for a Certain Tract or parcell of Land Lying and being in the County of Nash and State of N.Carolina and on the North Side of Red Bud Creek Lined & Bounded as follows (To wi-- Beginning at a White Oak thence No 70 East along said Davises Line to Mary Williamses Corner red Oak thence -30West along said Williamses Line to a white Oak thence to the Beginning Containing by Estimation Fifty two and 1/4 (?) Acres be the same more or less it being my part allotted To me of my Mothers Dower To have and to hold the Land and premises I James Williams for myself my Heirs Executors & do Warrant and Foerever Defend the Right and Title of the above Named Lands & premises Unto the Said Jesse Braswell Jur his heirs Exrs and assigns forever against the Claim of any Person Whatsoever In Witness whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal the Day and Date above Written
In the presence of} James Williams {Seal}
Mcll Collins} Nash County August Court - 1818
Guilford G. Whitfield} the Within Deed of Sale Was in Open Court
Duly Proven by the Oath of Mical Collins and on
Motion Ordered to be Registered attest Wm -------
And is Registered By Ld F Ellen ---

(10-27)