Friday, May 2, 2008

F. Ellen, Howell, Nash Co., NC 1805



IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN. I Howell F. Ellen of the County of Nash being of sound
and perfect mind and memory blessed be God do this 17th day of October in the year of our Lord 1805 make and publish this my will and testiment in manner following that is to say


First I lend to my beloved wife Elizabeth F. Ellen all my land an plantation lying on the east side of the beaver dam branch my Hunt plantation and half my mill during her life or widowhood and at the expiration of her life or widowhood the whole of my land to go to my son Lorick R. Ellen and his heirs forever.


Item: I give and bequeath to my grandson Howell F. Ellin Williams a certain negro girl named Olive to him and his heirs forever.


Item: I give and bequeath to my daughter Sally Williams one negro girl name Rose and one negro boy by the name of Harry to her and her heirs forever.


Item: I give and bequeath to my daughter Polly Ricks, one negro boy named Cudger to her and her heirs forever and also all my live stock now on her plantation (two cows and calves excepted) which I give to my son Lodrick F. Ellen and I also lend to my beloved wife all my negros not already willed and desireis that at the expiration of the life or widowhood of my wife all the rest of my estate be equally divided between my four children to wit Lodrick F. Ellin, Elizabeth F. Ellin, Nancy F. Ellin and Temperance f. Ellin, except my still and that to be divided between James Williams and my son Lodrick F. Ellin and I hereby make and ordain my son Loderick F. Ellin and James Williams executors of this my last will and testament.


In witness an proof I the said Howell F. Ellen have to the same set my hand and seal the day and year above written.


Signed, sealed published and declard in the presence of us who were present at the time of the
signing and Howell Ellin (Seal) sealing hereof Dempsey Braswell Hines Drake Archibald Braswell


The foregoing will was duly proven in open court by the oath of Dempsey Braswell and Archibald Braswell two subscribing witnesses there to and on motion ordered to be recorded. Attest, Wm. Hall, C.C. and is registered in obedience to the above order.


Attest, Wm. Hall, C.C.


(Nash Co., NC WB I Pg. 161)


Note: Also spelled Flewellin