Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Nettles, Zachariah, Fairfield Co., SC 1820



Will of Zachariah Nettles


State of South Carolina}
Fairfield District}

In the Name of God Amen

I Zachariah Nettles Senior being in health of Body and of Sound Mind and disposing Memory do make this my Last will and Testament in Manner following that is to Say. In the first place I Lend unto my beloved wife Levice. Nettles all that Plantation, or Tract of Land where on I now Live During her Natural life She Shall Neither Rent nor Sell the above lands. and after her Death the above Tract of Land one to be Equally divided between John H. Nettles and Zachariah H. Nettles Lawful Heirs---also one Negro man named Arch and the other Isaac and One Negro woman Named dianer and Mary her child During her Natural life She shall Neither hire nor Sell the above Mentioned Negroes, nor Suffer them to be carried out of the District--where I now live, if they are the Said John H. & Zachariah Nettles are authorised to bring them back and put them to the use of their Heirs---also one Negro Woman named Leas to John H. Nettles' Heirs, and the rest of my Property are to be Equally divided after my lawful Debts are discharged the one half to my wife Levice and the other divided Equally between John H. & Zachariah H. Nettles' Heirs--------Lastly I Constitute and appoint my Two sons John and Zachariah H Nettles to Execute this my Last will and Testament, In witness whereof I now Sett my hand and Seal in the presents of us May 1st 1820

Osborne V. Jeffers........................Zachariah Nettles {LS}
Leroy Ford.............................................Proved Sept 4, 1820
William (his X mark) Brassell.....Jno Buchanan Ordinary
............................................................Recorded in Book No. 8
..........................................................Page 63 (Date not found)
...............................................................Apt. 26 File 385