Monday, December 22, 2008

William Brasel, Sumner Co., TN 1826


In the name of God Amen:


I William Brasel of the County and State of Tennessee being sick and weak of body but of sound mind and memory considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time when and being desirous to settle my worldly affairs and think by being the better prepared to leave this world when it shall please God to call me, hence do therefore make and publish this my last Will and Testament in manner and form following That is to say, First and Principally I Commit my soul into the hands of Almighty God and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my Executor here in after named and after my debts and funeral charges are paid I devise and bequeath as follows: It is my will and desire that my beloved wife Margaret shall hold and possess the tract of land where on we now live with all the improvements there unto belonging with all the house holds and Kitchen furniture also all my stock except those that may be hereafter excepted during her natural life. It is also my will that at the decease of my wife Margaret Brasel that the property that she may die ceassed of may be equally divided between the heirs of Julia Edwards's my Eldest daughter and Polly Brasel and Margaret Brasel except the lands, which land after the decease of my said wife I give and bequeath to my son William Brasel. It is also my will that the proceeds of the Duck River land supposed to be about one Hundred and Twenty five dollars, shall be equally divided between my two sons Benjamin Brasel and Wiley Brasel. It is my will Henry. T. Brasel shall have a small brown house now his possession and my rifle gun also I give my son Wiley Brasel and when he becomes twenty one years old to be furnished with a horse bridle and saddle to be worth Fifty dollars. It is also my Will and desire that my executors here after to be named be requested to sell each part of the stock as can be best spared and out of the proceeds There of to purchase for the use of the farm a good chunk of a mare worth Thirty or Forty dollars and lastly it is my will and desire That all my crops on hand be kept for the use of the family. Except those should become overplush which might not be wanted and further more and lastly I do constitute and appoint Thomas Miers my executor and my beloved wife Margaret Brasel my Executrix of this my last Will and Testament revoking and annulling all former Wills here were to fore made, satisfying and confirming this and none other to be my last Will and Testament. In Testimony where of I have here set my hands and affixed my seal. This second day of February in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Twenty six. Signed, sealed, published, and delivered by William Brasel the above named Testator as and for his last Will and Testament. In the presence of us who at his request in his presence and in the presence of each other here subscribed our names as witnesses. These to His
William Xx Brasel
Mark

James Douglass

Hugh H Withers

Polly Averett