Friday, September 21, 2007

Will of William Browne 1719

In the name of God Amen, this 15th day of December in the year of our Lord God 1718- I said William Brown in ye county of Albermarle in ye province of North Carolina, am sick and week xxx I bequeath to my Lawful wife my bed and furniture and my horse Tobe and a horse Cate. I bequeath my eldest son John ye Manner Plantation and one hundred and fifty acres of land; to my son Thomas, one hundred and fifty acres of land joyning to his brother John; to my son Jacob one hundred and fifty acres of land up Cyprus gritt joyning upon his brother Thomas; to my daughter Ann one hundred and fifty acres of land lying upon the head of
her brother John; to John Carver fifty acres of land and ye place which his father was kild lying between two branches; to my daughter Martha one hundred and fifty acres of land joining upon Carver; to my daughter Mary one hundred and fifty acres of land between Martha and ye head line; to my daughter Sarah one hundred and fifty acres of land and ye southmost fork. The remaining part of ye land I leave holy and truly to my sonnes disposing. My hold desire is for my wife to have ye remaining part of my estate to be equally divided between her
and my seven children excepting one hundred acres of land to William Boon a brother. I do make and desire choice of Thomas Manders and my wife as executors. All children underage. Wits: Thomas Manders,(Mandue) Thomas Smith, Martha Brown. Recorded July 21 1719. (North Carolina Wills - S. S. 341, p. 84 Historical Commission, Raleigh, N.C.