Wednesday, May 15, 2013

1809 - Joseph Braswell to Rebecca Heard


Know all men by these presents that I Joseph Braswell of the County of Clark and State of Georgia do for the love and affection I bear to my Daughter Rebecca Heard & her Children and for Other divers good reasons to me known I give and bequeath to the legitimate heirs of the Said Rebecca Heard and will these that She now has and also those that she may hereafter be delivered off to there only proper use & benefit two negroe Girls named Rachel & Easter with there (?) to the Sole use & Benefit of the Said children their heirs and assigns forever in testamony whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal this 8th Day of Jany 1809 ~   Joseph his x mark Braswell {Seal}
Test}
Davis Gresham}
W Wortham} Recorded 13th September 1809
James Coldwell J.P.

(Clarke County Georgia Deed Book F Page 2)
 
Contributed by Kay Braswell Dawson