Sunday, May 19, 2013

1814 - Joseph Braswell to Joannah Barron


Georgia}
Jones County} Know all men by these presents that I Joseph Braswell for and in consideration of the Natural love and affection which I have and bare unto my beloved Daughter Joannah Barron also for divers other good causes and conciderations I hereunto moving have given granted and by these Presents doe give grant and confirm unto my said Daughter Joannah Barron eight Negroe slaves namely Pheby grace her child Susa Burnell Simon Joncy agg Mary to have and to hold the said Negroes given to the said Joannah Barron and after her Death to goe to the Lawful heirs of her body and after her death to be Equally divided amongst and between her Lawful heirs for their own proper use or their assigns and I the said Joseph Braswell doe warrant and for ever defend the titles of the said Negroes against the Claim of any person or persons whatsoever in Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this twenty sixth day of May one Thousand eight hundred and fourteen
In presants of
Test        Joseph Braswell {Seal}
James Billingslea J.P.
Adam Carson J.P.
Georgia}  Clerks Office Superior Court
Jones County} Recorded the 2nd June 1814
Harrison Smith Clk

(Jones County Georgia Deed Book ? Page 186)

Contributed by Vicki Kruschwitz