Monday, March 31, 2008

* Hickman, William, Jackson Co., GA 1816



Georgia Jackson County
In the name of God Amen I William Hickman of the state & county aforesaid being weak in body But in perfect ------- of mind and memory do ordain & constitute this to be my last will and testament & do dispose of my worldly effects in manner and form following, viz, I will that my Just debts tho few should be paid Item, I give to my beloved wife Lucretia all my estate both real & personal during her natural life & at the decease of my wife as aforesaid, I give to my son Josiah Hickman my tract of land purchased of Morton including my mill and Cotton machine Still & distillery also my negro girl named Hannah, Item I give to my son William Hickman at the decease of my wife as aforesaid that tract of land whereon I now live Containing one hundred acres also I give to my son Theophilus one dollar out of my estate he having in my estimation already received his part, I give to my son Nathaniel one Dollar he having already --- received his part I give to my son Jacob one dollar he having already had his ----- I give to my daughter Lucretia Holland? one dollar She having had her part as above I give to my daughter Sarah Castleberry She having previously had her part, I give to my daughter Tamara Whitmore one dollar as she had before received her part And at the decease of my wife as aforesaid I will that the balance of my estate both real & personal including Debts due Ready money together with the ---------of Slaves Shall be equally divided among my five daughters, viz, June Davis, Uzby Grantham, Uphe? Mooney? Mourning Heath & Christichina? Thomas & I do hereby Constitute & appoint my Son Josiah Hickman and my son in law Richard Heath to be my executors of this my last will & testament ---witness whereof I do hereunto set my hand & seal this fifteenth day of May one thousand eight hundred & sixteen?, In presence of
Frederick (his mark) Brazell...........William Hickman {seal}
Joseph Davis
Josiah Hickman


(Page 164)

NOTE: William Hickman married the daughter of Jacob Strickland of Nash Co., NC

Click on link below for Jacob Strickland's will:

Jacob Strickland's Will Nash Co., NC 1788