Friday, March 14, 2008

James Braswell IOW Co., VA 1803



In the name of God Amen - I JAMES BRASWELL of the county of Isle of Wight and parish of Newport being sick and weak of body but of Perfect mind and memory do make and ordain this to be my last Will and Testament In manner and form following Viz. It is my desire that my body be decently buried in a christian like manner & also my Just Debts be paid by my executor Imprimis.

I give and bequeath unto my two sons JAMES & LEWIS BRASWELL Alius DAVIS Sons of Mary Davis all my Lands containing one hundred Acres more or less to them and their heirs forever, and should either of them die before they arrive to full age the survive shall succeed the Decd in every legacy contained in this testament and should both of them die before they arrive at age, It is my desire that all their estate both real and personal given by me should be equally Divided between all my children.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my Grandson BENJAMIN BRASWELL son of FRANCIS BRASWELL ten pounds specia.

Item: and bequeath unto MARY DAVIS the best bed and furniture in my house.

Item: I give and bequeath unto my two sons JAMES and LEWIS BRASWELL Alius Davis one spinning wheel two pair Cards two Iron Potts one pr flat Irons & 1 Sow & Pigs and two large Barrows.

Item: It is my will and desire that the residue of my estate should and the money arising from such sale to be equally divided between all my children.

Lastly I nominate constitute and appoint James Barlow Senr. executor to this my last will and testament In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 29th day of April one thousand eight hundred & three.

Witness James Braswell his X

Isham Jordan
An Ellis (her mark)