Sunday, October 10, 2010

* George Headen, Jackson Co., GA 1819


I, George Headen of the State of and county aforesaid being of sound mind and wishing to dispose of what worldly property with which it has pleased God to me do make my last will and testament in manner and form following, to wit:

First, it is my will that all my just debts be punctually paid by my executors herein after named.

Second, I give and bequeath to my four nephews to wit, John M. Brazeal, George R. Braziel, William Brazeal and Headen Brazeal, all my landed estate, also all my farming utensils and wagons and gear to be equally divided among them.

Thirdly, I will that the balance of my estate at my death shall be divided as follows, to wit, one ninth part to my brother, William Headen or his heirs; one ninth part to my brother in law, David Robertson or his heirs, one ninth part to William Shed or his heirs, one ninth part to my brother in law James Turner or his heirs; one ninth part to my brother in law Henry Turner or his heirs; one ninth part to be placed in the hands of John M. Brazeal for the use of Jesse Headen; one ninth part to be paid to James Robertson in money; one ninth part to Eli Headen or his heirs in money; one ninth part to be divided among the six heirs of William L. Brazeal in the following manner, viz: Sally Brazeal to have out of said ninth part one bed and furniture the balance of the said ninth part to be divided unto two equal parts and Polley Brazeal to have one of those parts and the other to be equally divided between the four boys.

I hereby appoint my nephew John M. Brazeal and my friend Edward Adams my whole State Executors to this my last will and testament.

In testimony whereof I hereunto set my hand and affix my seal this ___ day of ____, 1819, Signed sealed and acknowledged in presence of Ezekiel Green, James Boring, and John Boring.

Personally came before me James Boring who being duly sworn saith he did see George Headen sign the within will and that this together with Ezekiel Green and John Boring were the subscribing witnesses to the same.

Sworn to before us the 1st January 1829. James Boring, Sylvanius Ripley, IJC, Edw. Adams Clk.

Personally came before us Ezekiel Green who being duly sworn saith he did see George Headen sign the within will and that this together with John Boring and James Boring were subscribing witnesses to the same. Sworn to before us Ezekiel Green, 5th day of January 1830. John W. Glenn, IJC, Rober____, Edw. Adams, Clerk.

Melissa's Genealogy Page