Tuesday, October 12, 2010

* Jacob Braselton, Jackson Co., GA 1835



1835
- August 29, "I Jacob Brazelton, Senr of the County & State aforesaid being old and inform in Body but of disposing mind and wishing to dispose of what wordly property it has pleased God to bless me with do make my Last will and testament in manner and form Following (to wit)"

"I leave unto my dau. Rebeckah Brazeel and the heirs of her body one negro girl by the name of Mahala. . . rest of my property to be sold and equally divided or otherwise equally disposed of between my undernamed sons (to wit), John, Henry, William, Jacob, Reuben, Daniel, Job and Amos Brazelton. . . I authorize, nominate and constitute my two sons Jacob and Reuben Brazelton my lawful executors of this my last will and testament" Wits: John Randolph, John H. Randolph, Washington R. Randolph. (WB A P 138) Probated November 2, 1835, Recorded November 3, 1835, pp 196-197