Thursday, October 14, 2010

* William Braswell, Edgefield Co., SC 1795



1795
– December 17, Deed of Gift. I, WILLIAM BRASWELL, for the natural love good will and affection which I have and do bear unto my children viz. my sons JACOB WILLIAM, RICHARD JOHN and ALLEN, I give unto each of them one horse beast and one cow and calf. Also I give to my daughters NANCY one cow and calf and one feather bed and furniture, to ELIZABETH one cow and calf one feather bed and furniture, to SALLY one cow and calf one feather bed and furniture and I further give to my son ALLEN fifteen head of hogs pewter pots and working tools and I do hereby put the said children in actual possession of the aforesaid property to act with the same at their own discretion clear from me my heirs or assigns and at their pleasure to bargain sell and dispose of the same. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this seventeenth day of December 1795. Witnesses: BRITTIAN BRASWEL, JAMES BRASWELL. Signed WILLIAM (X) BRASWELL Recorded 23rd Dec. 1795 Wm. Daniel J.P. (Edgefield Co., SC Deed Book 12, 1794-1796, pages 470-471)