Monday, February 18, 2008

* David Braswell, Halifax Co., NC 1835


Know all men by these presents that I DAVID BRASWELL of the County of Halifax & State of North Carolina being of sound mind & memory do make & ordain this to be my last will & testament viz.


Imprimis – I give to my niece SALLY BRASWELL after the death of my Brother JAMES BRASWELL (should he survive me) that tract of land lying on the west side of the road leading from Tarborough to Norfleets ferry a part of which was bought of WHITMELL WILKINS to a part of POLLY BROWN on the same side of the road & adjoing the one to the other; to her & her heirs forever.


2dly I give to my niece PHEREBA HARRELL all the remaining part of the tract of land known as the Brown tract above mentioned lying on the East Side of the road & also all of the Edmunds tract adjoining the same to her & her heirs forever, - Reserving nevertheless the use of these lands to my brother JAMES BRASWELL during his natural live in manner as above mentioned.

3dly I give my nephew JAMES HARRELL after the death of my brother JAMES BRASWELL all the WHITMEL BRASWELL tract of land, also the tract of land whereon my brother JAMES BRASWELL & myself now live on the east side of the road before mentioned & also fifty acres on the west side of the road adjoining the tract last memtiond, to him & his heirs forever.


In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & seal this 31st day of March Anno Domini 1835 his

DAVID X BRASWELL (seal)

Mark

Chas. Shield, Jr.

Levi Howell



Recorded Feb. Co. 1837, Will Book No. 4, Page 148


NOTE: David & James Braswell are believed to be sons of James Braswell Jr. & Mary Strickland. See the 1786 North Carolina State Census with Drew Braswell
next door to a James Braswell, who is believed to be the son of James who died 1761/65.