Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bennett Braswell Will DeKalb Co., TN 1868



I Bennet Braswell do make and publish this as my last will and testament, hereby revoking and making void all other wills by me at any other time made, 1st I direct that my funeral expenses and all my debts be paid as soon after my death as possible, out of any monies that I may die possesed of, or may first come into the hands of my executor, 2nd I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Elizabeth Braswell, all of my property during her lifetime viz 247 acres of land two head of horses two cows one yoke of oxen all of my sheep, all of my hogs, four beads and furniture and all my household and furnitures to have and to hold her lifetime, or whatever I may die possesed of also after her death the same to my son William Braswell, and his heirs forever
I do hereby nominate and appoint --Fredrick Starnes my executor in witness whereof I do to this my will set my hand and seal this 26 day of November 1868

...............................................Bennet Braswell (seal)
Signed sealed and published in our presence and have subscribed our names hereto in the testator this 26 day Nov 1868

Witness........................................N J Brock
...............................................John K. Starnes


Contributed by Ann Braswell