Sunday, February 17, 2008

Land, Charles, Will Edgecombe Co., 1838



In the name of God Amen, I Charles Land of
Edgecombe County being of sound and perfect mind and memory.... I give to my loving son, Kenny Land one horse and bed and furniture together with sundry other articles now in his possession; lend to my loving wife, Mary Land the use of my land plantation together with the balance of my personal estate that remains after my debts during her natural life; to my beloved daughter, Fanny Whitehead one dollar with what she has had to her and her heirs forever; to my beloved daughter Polly Weaver one dollar; to my beloved son, Charles Land all my land lying on the south side of Cabbin Branch together with one gallon bason; to my beloved son, John Land, all my land lying on the north side of the Cabbin Branch if he stays on it and if not to my son, Charles, also to son, John one still and all its contents and half of my house hold furniture and the balance to my son, Charles; to my beloved son, Jesse Land, one dollar; to my beloved daughter, Sally Braswell, one bed and stead and furniture and one pine chest; my sons, Charles and John Land to be executors, signed 23 May 1838, Charles Land wit John Beeland, ( ).


Transcribed by Tommy Colbert