Monday, February 18, 2008

*James Braswell Will Halifax Co., NC 1839



In the name of god Amen I JAMES BRASWELL of Halifax County & State of North Carolina being weak & infirm but of Sound mind and memory do this the 29th day of September 1839 make and publish this as my last will and testament in manner and form as follows viz


Item the 1st at my death I give to my nephew JAMES HARRELL my young horse cotter by name Sandy and one bridle & Saddle also one half of all the Perishable estate of which I am lawfully possessed after paying my Just debts.


Item the 2nd I give to my two nieces PHERIBY D. HARRELL and SALLY BRASWELL the other half of Perishable estate to be Equally divided between them that is one fourth of my Perishable estate to Each of them.


Lastly I nominate and appoint my nephew JAMES HARRELL my only Executor to this my last will and testament. In witness whereof I the said JAMES BRASWELL have hereunto Set my hand and affixed my Seal the day and date first above written


Signed Sealed & acknowledged ) JAMES BRASWELL

In Pressance of us )

Levi Howell X

John H. Lauson


James Braswell Will Recorded page 185, February Co. 1840

Witness James Simmons Clk


Note: James is the brother of David and they are believed to be sons of James Braswell Jr. & Mary Strickland. James appears to have no wife or children.