Friday, May 17, 2013

1809 - Joseph Braswell to Jerusha & Sally Lambert


80} State of Georgia}
Clark County}
Know all men by these presents that I Joseph Braswell of the County & State aforesaid do for the love & affection I have for my Daughter Susana Lambert and for divers other goods causes to me known I give to her Daughter Jerusa Lambert a negro woman named Jone and her Child named Simon ~ also I give to her next oldest Daughter Sally Lambert a negro woman named Easter which negros I give to the said Children as above named for there only use & benefit the right of said negros to the above named Jerusa Lambert and Sally Lambert I warrant & defend from myself my heirs - and from every other person or persons whatsoever In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seal this 18th day of July 1809 ~
Joseph his x mark Braswell
Test}
Braswell}   
WWortham}
John Heard}
Georgia} Personally Came before me 
Clark County} Joseph Braswell & acknowledged
the within To be his own proper assignment
acknowledged before me this 4 day
of August 1809
James Langford JP
Recorded the 4th August 1809

(Clark County Georgia Deed Book E Page 60)

Contributed by Kay Braswell Dawson