Monday, June 11, 2012

1827 - Elizabeth Braswell



This Indenture made and Entered into this 8 of June 1827 between ELIZABETH FREEMAN of the one part and GIDEON BASS  of the other part witnesseth that for and in consideration of the sum of one hundred and fifty Dollars to me in hand paid by the said GIDEON BASS the Receipt I do hereby acknowledge have Bargained Sold alliend and Conveyed all of my Right Title and Interest that I have in my Father’s Estate of Ever description Real or personable parishable agreeable to my Father’s will both present and after the death of my mother I the said ELIZABETH FREEMAN for myself my heirs Executors administrators do warrant the same to be free from the Same of any person or persons whatsoever unto the said GIDEON BASS his heirs Executors administrators and assigns forever I do further more declare that I have Recvd the above Sum of the said GIDEON BASS as full payment of my proportionable part in my Father’s Estate Both for what is coming before the death of my mother CLOY BRASWELL as well as after her death which payment I acknowledge myself fully satisfied with and content thereunto.  Signed Sealed and delivered in the presents of the day and ate above written
                                                                                                          her
                                                                                    ELIZABETH  X   FREEMAN
                                                                                                          Mark
Witness
THOMAS TUCKER

State of North Carolina
Nash County Court November Term 1827
The foregoing Bill of sale was duly proven in Open Court by the Oath of THOMAS TUCKER a subscribing witness thereto & an mo. Ordered to be Recorded
Attest.   H. Blount  C.C.C.
And is Registered By W. C. Whitfield P.J.
(Nash Co. Deed Book 12, page 147 – Nash Co. Register of Deeds)