Monday, June 11, 2012

1827 - Elizabeth Thaney Braswell



ELIZABETH THANEY STONE of the County of Nash and State of North Carolina of the one part and GIDEON BASS of the County and State aforesaid of the other part.   Witnesseth that for and in Consideration of the Sum of one hundred and fifty dollars to me in hand paid by the said GIDEON BASS  the Exct. I do hereby acknowledge have Bargained Sold and Conveyed unto GIDEON BASS his heirs and assigns forever all of my right and Title and Interest that I have in the Estate of my Father BENJAMIN BRASWELL decd both at present and after the death of my mother of Every description both Real and personal parishable etc. further more I do hereby authorize the said GIDEON BASS to make in of my name in Every Case for the Recovery of the same against Every and Any person whatsoever and all acqutances and other Lawful acts to do as fully and amply as I could do or might do were I personally present at the doing thereof Confirming whatsoever he may do in the case By acknowledging mytself fully paid and Satisfied as to the purchase by Warranting and defending the Right thereof to be free from and person or persons whatsoever against myself my heirs Executors Administrators and assigns unto the said GIDEON BASS his heirs and assigns forever.   In Witness I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this the day and date above written.
THOMAS TUCKER  
             his                                                                                                 her
LEWIS  X TUCKER                                       ELIZABETH THANEY    X   STONE  (seal)
            mark                                                                                             mark

State of North Carolina
Nash County Court     November Term 1827
The foregoing Bill of sale was duly proven in Open Court by the Oath of THOMAS TUCKER a subscribing witness thereto & an mo. Ordered to be Recorded.
Attest    H. Bount   C.C.C.
And is Registered by W. G. Whitfield  P.J.       
(Nash County Deed Book 12, page 148)