Thursday, August 20, 2009

* Willis Brassell, Fayette Co., GA, 1877

Know all Men by these Presents That I Willis Brassell of Brooks Station in the County of Fayette and State of Georgia, being in ill health but of sound and disposing mind & memory, do make and publish this my last will and testament, As to my worldly estate and all the property real, personal or mixed of which I shall ???? seized and possessed of, or to which I shall be entitled at the time of my decease, I devise, bequeath and dispose thereof in the manner following to wit:

First, My will is that all my just debts and funeral expenses shall by my executors hereinafter named be paid out of my estate as soon after my decease as shall by them be found convenient.

Secondly, I give devise and bequeath to my present wife Fanney and each of my two children by her Jesse & Nellie? one hundred dollars:

Thirdly, I will that my grand Son Willis Neal by daughter Martha have one hundred dollars

Fourthly, I will that the remainder of my Estate be divided equally among the rest of my legal heirs.

Lastly, I do nominate and appoint my Sons Titus W. Brassell & John W. Brassell to be the Executors of this my last Will and testament.

In testimony whereof I the said Willis Brassell have to this my last will and testament subscribed my name and affixed my seal this the fifteenth day of September one thousand eight hundred and Seventy Seven. Willis Brassell

Signed Sealed and published by Willis Brassell in the presence of T. B. King, A. W. Gable, and John Tilley

Source