Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1815 - Dempsey Braswell to David Ricks


This Indenture made this 16th day of September in the in the (sic) year of our Lord one Thousand Eight hundred and fifteen Between Dempsey Braswell of the County of Nash and State of North Carolina of the one part and David Ricks of the county and state aforesaid of the other Part Witnesseth that I the said Dempsey Braswell for and in Consideration of the Sum of eight Hundred and Sixty Dollars to me in hand paid by the said David Ricks the Receipt hereof is hereby acknowledged and my self there with fully Satisfide Contente and paid have Bargained & Sold unto the said David Ricks a Certain Parcel of Land lying and being in the County aforesaid on the Waters of Pigbasket Creek bounded by the following Peoples land Viz, Lod-ick F Ellen, John Barretts Decd Said Ellen again Jacob Vick, the orphans of William Bunn decd Thomas Beckwith William Walker Jacob Braswell Senr the Lands of David Evans decd & the Lands of William Arrington Decd Containing Eight Hundred acres be the same more or less it being all my lands except a small Piece between Philander Tisdales Amos Beckwiths George Edwards & others To have and to hold the said Land & every Part and Parcel thereof unto the said David Ricks his heirs and assigns forever from the Lawful Claim or Claims of any Person or Persons whatever for which I Bind my self my heirs Exrs -- In Witness whereof I have hereunto Set my hand and Seal the day and Date above Written
In Presence of}  Dempsy Braswell {Seal}
John Ricks} Nash County} November - 1816 (?)
John his X mark Lindsey} The foregoing Deed was duly Proven
in open Court By the Oath of John Ricks
and on Motion ordered to be Registered
attest Wm Hall CC
And is Registered in obedience to the above order
attest L.F. Ellen P.R.

(Nash co., NC DB 7 Pg 387)

NOTE: I think this Dempsey is the son of William Braswell III and his wife Martha.