Saturday, January 12, 2008

Johnson, John, Will IOW Co., VA 1703


Contributed & transcribed by Carey Bracewell

I JOHN JOHNSON of the Isle of Wight County in Virga . . . . Doo make . . . . my last Will & Testamt in manner followeth . .

Item I give & bequeath to Daughter MARTHA fifty acres of Land . . . and all ye rest of my Land . . . . I give & bequeath to my Sonne JOHN JOHNSON . . . .

Item I give & bequeath all my household goods att Blackwater to my Daughter MARTHA, & to my Sonne JOHN to be equally divided between them two, only two Dishes & two plates more to my Sonne JOHN than to my Daughter, and my long Gun I give to my Sonne JOHN & pistolls & Holsters & Rapier & Rideing Saddle and all my weareing apparrell both Lynon & Woolen.

Item I give & bequeath to my above sd Daughter & Sonne one shilling apiece of last wifes Estate to Cutt them off from any part or parcell of it.

Item I give & bequeath to my Daughter PATIENCE JOHNSON Six Heiffers four of two yeares ould & two of One year Ould, one feather bed & Boulster two Blanketts & A Rugg & five sheep.

Item I give & bequeath to my Daughter MARY a feather bed furnished as it is now standing, & Six Heiffers, Four of Two Yeares Ould & two of one year ould & five sheep & a Horse Colt of Two yeares Ould.

Item I give & bequeath all ye remaineing part of my Estate to my Dear & loveing Wife MARY makeing her my sd loveing wife my whole & sold Exrs of this my last Will & Testamt in Testimony of all wch I have hereunto sett my hand & seal this 7th day of Janry 1703

JOHN J JOHNSON (his mark and seal)

Signed sealed & published & declaired in presents of Proved in open Cort held for ye Isle of Wight County ye
Isle of Wight County ye 9th of Augt 1707 by ye Oaths of
JAMES J LUPO (mark) JAMES LUPO & SUSANNA BRACEWELL and probate
SARAH LUP (mark) granted to the Exrs therein named
SUSANNA B BRACEWELL (mark) Ordered to Record Teste Cha Chapman Cl Cur

RECORD OF WILLS, DEEDS, ETC. VOL. 2, 1661-1719, PAGE 484


NOTE: Sarah Lupo is the daughter of George Branch & Ann England who was the daughter of Captain Francis England who was married to Susannah's aunt Joyce.