Saturday, January 12, 2008

Kindred, Samuel, Will IOW Co., VA 1728/9



Contributed by Carey Bracewell

IN THE NAME OF GOD AMEN January the 25th 1728/9 - - - SAMUEL KINDRED of the lower parish of Isle of Wight County . . . Do make . . . this my last Will and Testamt . . . . . (167) my Desire is that my Dear and Loving wife shall be my whole and Sole Executor . . . my Son JOHN KINDRED Shall have my Land that we Call the Punshen house begining at the mouth of the Ready Branch and so up the Branch to the Branch that we Call the Long Branch that comes out of BLUNTS Swamp to the Line my will is that my . . . wife MARY KINDRED . . . Shall have my Plantation that we now live on during her natural life and after her Decease to my Son SAMUEL KINDRED to have it the Land belonging to it is from the mouth of the Bridge Branch and So Down Rousey Swamp till the Courses abt. medway between CHARLES PORTERS old going over and the White Oak Branch and So from their a Steight Corse to the Branch that JAMES BRASSELLS path goes over and So Keep on their to the Line my Will is that if my Loving wife MARY shall Marry that my Son SAMUEL Shall have the Liberty to Live on this Land or Some part of it as they shall agree themselves my Will is that the Plantation that JOHN WILLIAMS lives on with 135 acres of Land belonging to it Shall be Sold for money to pay Mr WILLIAMS

ITEM my Will and Desire is that the remaining part of my Land Shall be Equally be divided between my Two young daughters SARAH KINDRED and FAITH KINDRED only the Land that is in Surry County that my Mother Doth live on my Will and Desire is that my Daughter JANE KINDRED Shall have my Hole right & Title of it.

ITEM my Will & Desire is that my Son JOHN KINDRED Shall have all the Cattle that We do Call his and a young Mare about two or three years old and a feather Bed and Two Blankets and a Sheet & Bolster and Two pewter Dishes and a pewter Bottle and a Sow & piggs and that he shall be for himself at Eighteen years of Age & receive all these things that I have Gave him . . .

ITEM my Will and Desire is that my Son SAMl. KINDRED Shall Have all my Carptenters Tools only a Handsaw and that he shall have Two Cows and Calves and that he Shall have Two Sows and piggs and that he shall have a Young Horse abt. Two Years old and one pewter Dish & Two plates & Dozen of Spoons (168) and that he shall be for himself at Eighteen years of Age & receive all this that I give him . . .

ITEM my Will and Desire is that my Daughter JANE KINDRED Shall have my Young Mare that is at Home here and a Cow and Calf and a Loom after my Dear & Loving wifes Deceasse and a New Spinning Wheel that we Do Call hers . . . I give her Two Ewes besides . . .

ITEM my Will is that my Daughter MARY KINDRED shall have One young Mare ands One Cow and Calf and Two Ewes and a Dozn of Spoons and a New Pewter Dish and one plate . . .

ITEM my Will and Desire is that my Daughter CATHERINE KINDRED Shall have one Cow & Calf and One Ewe and Six Spoons. . . A Bible . . .

ITEM my will and desire is that my Daughter ELIZABETH KINDRED Shall have one feather Bed one Bolster and a Blanket & Sheet and Six Spoons . . .

ITEM my Will and Desire is that my Daughter SARAH KINDRED Shall have one Cow and One Ewe and One Sow and piggs and Six Spoons . . .

ITEM my Will and Desire is that my Daughter FAITH KINDRED shall have one young Mare and One Ewe and Two pewter Dishes and two plates Six Spoons and One Heifer abt. Two years old and One Sow and piggs . . .

SAMUEL ADKINS JAMES BRASSELL SAMUEL KINDRED (his mark & seal)

Att a Court held for Isle of Wight County the 23d Day of June 1729

The last will and Testamt. of SAMUEL KINDRED Deced was presented in Court by MARY KINDRED Execrx therein named who made Oath thereto and being proved by the Oaths of the Witnesses thereto is admitted to record

Test James Ingles ClCur

WILL BOOK 3, 1726-1733, PAGES 166-168

(The estate of SAMUEL KINDRED was appraised on August 22, 1729, by MARTIN MIDDLETON, JOHN RACHEL (?), and SAMUEL ATKINSON. Their appraisal was recorded on December 22, 1729, at page 187)


Related Links:

Susannah Burgess Braswell's son James

Susannah Burgess Braswell's son James, more