Thursday, January 3, 2008

Robert Bracewell Jr. 1650 - 1696



From Foy Braswell's Library
Records contributed by Carey Bracewell


[1673-3 Feb] Robert Bracewell - 100 Acres of Land

Robt Bracewell of Isle of Wight County in Virginia, planter

TO: James Bagnall of said place, planter

Consideration: Valuable sum of Tob. & Cask

100 acres of Land situate lying & being in the County aforead & bounded as followeth Viz begining att a small white Oak on ye Dam side it being the first corner tree expressed in A Lease by the sd Bracewell granted to Jno Williams & from ye sd White Oak runing down ye Dam side to A small branch of ye sd Dam close by ye sd Robt Bracewells Orchard & dwelling house that is now on his Land, & for length it is to run Westward into ye woods bounding on ye South side of ye sd Branch, & on ye sd Jno Williams his lyne of marked trees from ye foresd White Oak on first mentioned station, till ye sd One hundred Acres of Land be fully compleated . . . . . upon reasonable request to him made he will acknowledge this prsent deed and Conveyance in the Isle of Wight County Cort or Nanzimon Cort.

Dated: February 3, 1673 Recorded: February 9, 1673

Witnesses: Robert Ruffin, John (mark) Paine

WILL 7 DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 299

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


[1674-1 Mar] Robert Bracewell - Sale of Land

Robert Bracewell, planter

TO: James Bagnall

For the consideration of fifteen Thousand pounds of Tob & Cask as also ye divident of Land wth the appertenances that James Bagnall before ye signing & sealing of these prsents.

All my right tytle & interest, to ye whole divident of Land, wth all houseing fenceing houses orchards building & Edifices and all other appertenances thereto belonging & apperteyneing That my late deced ffather Mr Robt Bracewell Clerk lived on & gave unto me, as by deed of Guift & last Will may appear conteyning three hundred Acres.

Dated: the last day of March 1674 1674 Recorded: April 9, 1674

Witnesses: Robt Ruffin, John (mark) paine.

WILL & DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 309


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


[1674-31 Mar] James Bagnall - Land transaction

James Bagnall, planter & Anne (A) Bagnall, his wife

TO: Robt Bracewell

Consideration of ye plantation ye Wm Toley now dwelleth on & ye Land thereunto belonging being by estimation one hundred Acres Reced of Robt Bracewell before ye signing & sealing hereof. The plantation & Land thereto belonging that I now dwell upon & given to me by my deceased ffather Mr Roger Bagnall, it being by estimation one hundred Acres.

Dated: Last day of March 1674 Recorded: April 9, 1674

Witnesses: Robt Ruffin, Jno (mark) paine.

WILL & DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 310


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


[1674-29 Aug] Robert Bracewell - Land Transaction

Know all men by these prsents yt I Robt Bracewell of ye County of Isle of Wight doe hereby impower depute & authorize Mr James Bagnall of ye same County planter my true & lawfull Attorney Irrevokable, for me & my name to acknowledg in the Cort of Isle of Wight A certain Deed of sale of one hundred Acres of Land unto Jno perry of ye sd County aforesd wch Deed bearth date wth these prsents, hereby confirming & alloweing his Act therein to be good & effectuall in Law to all intents & purposes as if I my selfe did psonally appear to acknowledge the same.

Dated: August 29, 1674

Witnesses: James Webb, Simon Jones.

WILL & DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 316




Robert Bracewell, sonne of Robt Bracewell Minister, late of ye Isle of Wight County deced.

TO: Jno perry Junr of Isle of Wight County

Consideration: 7000 lb. of merchantable Tob. & Cask

All yt messuage or tenemt formerly belonging unto James Bagnall & now in the sd Bagnalls occupacon (yt is to say) ye one hundres Acres of Land purchased formerly of Thomas Hinson out of A pattent of three hundred Acres belonging to Jno Seward.

Dated: August 29, 1674 Recorded: 9th day of 7br 1674

Witnesses: James Webb, Simon Jones.

WILL & DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 316

(Conveyed by John Perry to Joseph Bridger, Nov. 7, 1674, W. & D.B. I, Vol. 1, page 320


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[1696-27 Mar] Robert Braswell - Power of Attorney to wife Susana

These prsents wittnis ye I ROBt BRASWELL of ye Isle of wight County in verginia doe Constitute & appointe my Loving wife SUSANA BRASWELL to be my Lawfull attorney for me and in my name to procecute and sue all such persones as are in debt to me and to answer to all suites which I have Depending in ye Isle of wight Courte in wittnis heare unto I Sett my hand this 27 day of march 1696.

Wittnes JHO: MOORE ROBERT BRCELL

EDWd. (mark) CHAMPION

DEED BOOK NO. 1, 1688-1704, PAGE 202