Friday, March 25, 2011

* Bryant, James, Bertie Co., NC 1731


In ye name of god amen I James Bryant of ye govermen of Northcarolina and in ye presinct of burty being sick and weak of body but of sound mind and thanks be to god for it I so make and ordaine this to be my Last will and testament in maner and formed following on: first I give and bequeath to my son William Bryant my Land and plantation on ye North side of maherin River together with all its Immoveables to him and his heirs for Ever and all my goods and Chattels of my Son aforesaid hath in his possession I give to my Sone aforsaid and all -kept of my good I give to be Equaly divided betwen all my Children after my death and after my funirall Charges is paid John Dew and Richard Braswell James Bryant Thomas Bryant and Matthew Selar and I -- apoint John Dew and James Bryant to be my Exectors of this my Last Will and testament Revoking disanuling --------and making --ly Void all other wills. In witness Whear of I have heare unto set my hand and fixt my seal this 11th of march 1731 James his (?) mark Bryant

Aron his (A) mark Drake Jurat

John his (I) mark Daniel Jurat


(Bertie Precinct, NC)

See copy here: James Bryant 1731

Updated from abstract to transcription to the best of my ability Aug 20, 2008