Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cherrey, Jacob, Kershaw Dist, 1823

South Carolina Kershaw District

In the name of God Amen I Jacob Cherry being sick and weak in body, but of sound mind memory and understanding praised be God for it and considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty the time thereof and to the end I may be better prepared to leave this world when ever it shall please God to call me hence doe therefore make and declare this my last will and testament in manner following First and principally I recommend my Soul into the hands of Almighty God my Creator and as to my estate First I give and bequeath unto my beloved Wife Sarah Cherrey the hole of my estate boath real and personal during her natural life time and after her death I give and bequeath all my land to My sons Jacob Cherry & David Cherrey boath to share and share alike - My Personlally estate to be equally divided between Jacob Cherrey David Cherrey and the ares of my daughter Elizabeth Cherrey (and marey Cherrey who left three heirs which will be entitled to one share viz that is to say the one fourth of my Personally estate) I further give to my grand children Penelipy Terry John Pearce Mary Pearce Weley Pearce Charles Pearce Elizabeth Pearce One hundred dollars each to be paid out of my two sons Jacob Cherry & David Cherry propotion. And I do hereby constitute and appoint my two sons Jacob Cherrey & David Cherrey executors to this my last will and testament I have hereunto set my hand and seal this the 25 day of November in the year of our lord one thousand eighteen hundred & twenty three
Jacob Che
rry
Witness
Thos Duggans test
Francis Bracewell
James English
Recorded in Will Book K, Page 4,
Recorded December 15, 1823
Ord. David Schrock
Apt. 15, Pkg. 482

South Carolina Archives