Thursday, July 3, 2008

Everett, William, Winton/Barnwell, 1788



WILL OF WILLIAM EVORITT

In the Name of God Amen - September the 4 1788. I W Wm..Everett of the County of Winton & State of South Carolina, being Sick & weak in Body, but of sound & perfect Sence & memory, thanks be to God for it. Do make & ordaine this my Last Will & Testament in manner & form following. Item I recomend my Soul into the Hands of Almighty God, & my Body to the Earth, to be buried in a decent Christian Manner at the Discretion of my Executors hereafter named--Item I give and bequeath to my Son John M Evoritt one Negro Boy by the Name of Will, after my Wifes widowhood, also four hundred Acres of Land lying & being, the upperside of the Horse Peen, to be possest with at the Age of Twenty one Years to him & his Heirs for Ever--Item I give and bequeath to my Son Thoms. Evoritt one Negro Boy by the name of Amos, after my Wifes Widowhood, Also my Plantation & Land whereon I now Live, after the Death of my Wife & the marriage of all my Daughters, Viz Polly, Luckey, Nancy, Sally & Tempe to his & his Heirs for Ever--Item I give & bequeath to my Son in Law William Dyess, one hundred Acres of land, lying betwixt Chandlers Land, & the upper Edge of the Little Gapey Pond, & my Line near the new Road, aforesaid, Dyess's Line, to him & his heirs for Ever. Item I lend to my Loveing Wife Nancey Evoritt, my Plantation & Land thereto belonging, indureing her Natural Life, Also I lend her all the rest of my personal Estate indureing her Widowhood, and after her Widowhood, my Will is that all my Estate but what I have already given to my Sons, should be equally divided between my Six Daughters. Viz Elizabeth Dyess, Polly Evoritt, Lukey Evoritt, Nancy Evoritt, Sally Evoritt, & Tempe Evoritt, to them & their Heirs for Ever-Item I constitute & make & ordaine my Son Willm Dyess, & my loveing Wife Nancy Evoritt Joint Executors of this my last Will & Testament, Revoking & disanulling all ther former Wills, ratifying & con -irming this my last Will & Testament As Witness my Hand & Seal the Day of the Date first Written--
Signed, Seald & Deliverd........William Evoritt {SEAL}
in the presence of
Jacob Braziel
Jacob Knight
Thoms (his X mark) Mark
Recorded in Will Book "1" Page 37
Recorded July 15th, 1789
Thom. Wyld DyC.W-
Original Will not in Probate Judge's Files


South Carolina Archives