Friday, February 11, 2011

Jesse Braswell & Children, Nash Co., NC 1846

Know all men by these presents, that, I, Jesse Braswell, of the County of Nash & State of North Carolina, for and in Consideration of the natural love and affection which I bear unto my Children, Samuel Davis Braswell, Ann Eliza Braswell and Nancy Emily Elizabeth Christian Braswell, and also in Consideration of the Sum of One dollar to me paid by my Said Children at and before the Sealing ad delivery hereof, the receipt whereof I do hereby acknowledge, have given, granted, bargained & Sold, and by these presents, do give, grant bargain & Sell unto my Said Children, all my right and interest in the estate of Jacob Odum decd in right of my wife Mildred, To have and to hold all and Singular the premises hereby given and granted, unto my Said Children, their executors and administrators forever - I do hereby also appoint James Odum Trustee and Guardian for my Said Children In witness hereof I have hereunto Set my hand & Seal this 11th day of 1846
Witness } Jesse (his + mark) Braswell seal
John Braswell}
William Braswell}
State of North Carolina} Court of Pleas & quarter Session
Nash County} May Term 1846
The execution of the foregoing Deed of Gift from Jesse Braswell to
Samuel D Braswell & others was acknowledged in open Court & is ordered
to be registered Attest Attest
And is Registered G.W. Ward P.R. F.M. Taylor Cl-------