Sunday, February 13, 2011

Jesse Braswell Jr, Nash Co., NC 1818

This Indenture made this day of September 1818 Between Elias Williams of the County of Franklin and the State of North Carolina of the One part and Jesse Braswell Jur of the County of Nash and State aorsd Of the Other part Witnesseth that for and In consideration of the sum of Three Hundred & Thirty three Dollars to me in hand paid by the Said Jesse Braswell the receipt whereof I do acknowledge and being Fully Satisfyd I have for consideration of the above Sum Granted Bargained and Sold unto the said Braswell Two Tracts of Land it Being the Land that fell to me by the Death of my Father and my Part of my Mothers Dower the said Land Lying and being in the county of Nash and State aforesaid lying on the North side of Swift Creek Beginning at Wm Manns (?) Corner on Said Creek and runing his Line of Marked Trees No 150 poles to a stake Thence No 78 po to the Center of a Red Oak & Hicory the Dower Corner thence -o 34 ------ 36 poles To a red oak thence - 92 po to a red Oak in L-- Arringtons Line thence his line south 50 pos to his Corner thence E his other Line 80 po to the aforesd Swift Creek thence Down the various Courses of sd Creek to the first station containing by estimation seventy five Acres be the same more or less One other Tract that is my Part of the Dower Beginning on the said Swift Creek Mathew Williams Corner Maple thence So 16--- out to a white oak said Williams Corner thence along a Back line to an oak Zelpah Williams Corner thence along said Zilpah's line --12 E- to a Hicory thence to a Sowerwood thence to a Hicory on said Creek thence Down said Creek to the first station containing by estimation Forty Acres be the same more or Less To have & to hold the above Land and premises I Elias Williams for myself my Heirs and assigns Do Warrant and forever Defend the right And Title of the two above Mentioned Tracts of Land with all the wood Minerals --Unto the said Jesse Braswell His heirs and Assigns forever agst the Claims of all Manner of Persons Whatsoever In Testamony hereof I have hereunto Set my Hand & Affixed my seal the Day and Date Above Written Signed Sealed in the presence of us Nash County Elias his X mark Williams {Seal}
D. Pitts (?) } November Court 1818 the within Deed of sale Was
Lark Battle} In Open Court Duly proved by the oath of Lark Battle
And On Motion Ordered to be Registered attest Wm Hallee
And is Registered By LdF.Ellen PR