Friday, February 11, 2011

Sampson Braswell, Nash Co., NC 1806

Know all men by these presents that I Benjamin Whitfield of the County of Nash and State of Northcarolina for and In consideration of the Sum of Four Hundred and fifty Dollars to Me In hand paid by Sampson Braswell of the County and State aforesaid have bargained Sold and Delivered unto the said Sampson Braswell two Negros named Huldea & Dilsey and I the said Benjamin Whitfield for myself My Heirs & the said Negros to the said Sampson Braswell his heirs Executors Administrators Or assigns for Ever Shall and will Warrant and for Ever Defend against the lawful Claim Or Demands of all persons Whatsoever In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my Hand and and (?) Seal this 5th Day of December AD 1806
Witness Benja Whitfield {Seal}
Hardy G Whitfield} Nash Court Febry court
Samuel Williams } 1807 the within Bill of sale
Willie G Whitfield} was In open Court Duly proved
} and ordered to be Registered
And Is Regd by L F Ellen By test Wm Halle