Sunday, December 16, 2007

Richard & Sarah Bracewell IOW Co., VA 1673


Contributed by Carey H. Bracewell


WHEREAS my ffather Robt Bracewell Clerk did in his life tyme by deed of Guift dated ye 16th of Janry 1660 give unto me Richd Bracewell his Sonne, one pcell of Land conteining about 400 acres, being pte of A tract of Land conteining 1600 Acres lyeing in ye Isle of Wight County granted unto Lt Col Jno Upton by pattent dated ye 16th of Novr 1638 & by ye sd Upton sold to Wm Underwood & by severall more Conveyances upon Record derived to my ffather RobtBracewell & from him to me his Sonne, of wch four hundred Acres I ye sd Richd & Sarah my wife have by deet dated ye 7th of ffebry 1673 Sould unto Thomas Green two hundred Acres lyeing on ye ffreshett between Mr Izards & Thomas Pooles Land, And have alsoe by another deed sould unto Wm West One hundred Acres lyeing on ye other side ye Runn adjoyning to another tract of Land lately belonging to my sd ffather Robert Bracewell.

Now in considertion of 3000 pounds of good Merchantable tob & cask paid by sd Thomas Green... 100 acres of Land more adjoyning to that hundred sould Wm West being all ye remaining part of ye prmntioned 400 Acres sold by ye aforesd Lt Col Jno Upton wch sd 100 Acres now by us sold is in the tenure or Occupation of Anthony Ogier or his assignes dureing his life.

Dated: 9th day of Xber 1674. Recorded: Janry 9, 1674

Witnesses: Michaell Bland, George (O) May.

WILL 7 DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 325