Sunday, December 16, 2007

Richard & Sarah Bracewell to William West 1681


Contributed by Carey H. Bracewell


Richard (no mark) Bracewell & Sarah (mark) his wife, have formerly given a Conveyance of ye Mill Dam pool & two acres of Land adjoyning to ye Mill until William West of ye Isle of Wight County having received a full & valluable consideration for ye same, the whch former Conveyance was acknowledged by Mr Richard Bracewell & Sarah my Wife in ye Cort of Nansemond & there entered on ye Records since wch the Records are burnt & ye Conveyance lost. Wherefore now Know yee that I the abovesd Richd Bracewell & Sarah my Wife do convey unto ye abovesd Richd Bracewell & Sarah my Wife do convey unto ye abovesd William West, all my right Tytle & interest of ye Mill dam & pool wth the two acres of Land all other appertenances & prviledges belonging to ye same as it was given to me by my deced ffather Mr Robt Bracewell the sd Mill being now in ye possession of the sd William West.

Dated: August 9, 1681 Recorded: August 9, 1681

Witnesses: Arthur Jones, Jno Pitt, Tho Pitt

WILL & DEED BOOK I, VOL. 1, PAGE 466