Friday, December 5, 2008

Joshua Brazzell, Harrison Co., Mo 1859

The last will and testament of Joshua Brazzell of Marion Township, Harrison County State of Missouri.

In the name of God I Joshua Brazzell considering the uncertainty of this mortal life and being of sound mind and memory (Blessed be Almighty God for the same) do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following (that is to say) first I will and bequeath to my four sons (viz Samson Brazzell, Joshua Brazzell, Riley Brazzell and John Brazzell) all my real estate to be equally divided between them all in township and county above mentioned. Most which lands are described as follows that is to say the southwest fractional quarter of Sec No 7 seven in township No. 65 sixty five in range No 28 twenty eight containing 140 one hundred and forty acres and 32/100 thirty hundredth and also my undivided half of the North East Fourth of the Southwest quarter of Sec No 17 of Town No 65 range No 28. I will that my son Samson has the use of my farm or use and management of my farm or message or tenement situated in Marion Township Harrison County and State of Missouri and that the said Samson will take good care of the said minor children (viz) Joshua, Riley and John Brazzell until they become of age or as long as they will live under his control and authority and that the said Samson give them a common schooling. and further the said Samson has it in his power to sell said lands at any time he thinks best by the consent of his brothers. and I will also that the said Samson pay all my just and lawful debts and funeral expenses out of my personal property. after which the residue of my personal property is to be appraised. and I will to William Brazzell or heirs one dollar. to Daniel Brazzell or heirs one dollar and to Sarah Lemar or heirs one dollar after which the remainder of the value of the appraisement is to be equally divided among my seven living children (viz) Rhoda Rily, Elizabeth Brazzell, Unity Lemar, Samson Brazzell, Joshua Brazzell, Riley Brazzell and John Brazzell and the respective shares of the said Rhoda Rily, Elizabeth Brazzell, Unity Lemar is to be paid by the said Samson Brazzell within five years and of the said Joshua, Riley and John Brazzell at the time that they come to be of age. Likewise I make constitute and appoint my said son Samson to be executor and administrator of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made. In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal this the twenty seventh day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty eight. Joshua Brazzell his mark+


The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Joshua Brazzell in our presence and acknowledge by him to each of us and he at the same time published and declared the above instrument so subscribed to be his last will and testament; and we at the testators request and in his presence have signed our names as witnesses hereto and written opposite our names our respective places of residence Wm. W. Quillen Harrison Co, Mo J. J. Allen Harrison Co., Mo J. F. Glen Harrison Co, Mo.

Contributed by Karen Pickett