Monday, March 31, 2008

* Elizabeth Brazeal Jackson Co., GA



Georgia Jackson County}
I Elizabeth Brazeal of the County & State aforesaid being
low & sick in body, but sound & disposing mind & memory
& wishing to dispose of what worldly property it has pleased God to bestow on me do make this my last will & testament in manner & form, to wit, 1st It is my will that all my debts be punctually paid out of my estate together with my funeral expenses by my executor herein after named. 2nd I will & bequeath unto Charles Dougharty, Junior of the county aforesaid one lot of land drawn in my name known as the last land lottery by lot No. 190? in the third district of Lee County to him and his heirs forever, the said Charles Dougharty to pay for the grant of said lot of land. 3rd I do hereby appoint the said Charles Dougharty Junior my executor to this my last will & testament.
In witness whereof I hereunto set my hand & seal the 16th day of June 1830
Signed sealed & acknowledged Elizabeth {her X mark} Brazeal {seal}
in presence of
Edward Adams

Charles Dougharty, Senr.

Elizabeth {her X mark} Dougharty

Georgia Jackson County}
Personally came Edward Adams & Charles Doughtary Senior who being duly sworn saith that they saw Elizabeth Brazeal the within testatatrix sign the within will that these deponents together with Elizabeth Dougharty are the witnesses to the same that they all subscribed as such in the presence of the testatrix that they believe she was of disposing mind at the time of executing said will.

Sworn in this open court...................Edward Adams
6th September 1830..........................Charles Dougharty
Edward Adams CCO?

Copied from a photostat copy of the original received from the County Clerk of Courts, Jackson County, Georgia