Friday, October 1, 2010

* Nathan Brassel, Jefferson Co., GA 1816


I Nathan Brassel being at present weak in Body tho of sound mind & memory, do make & ordain this as my last will & Testament. And first. It is my will & desire that all my Estate both real & personal be & remain in the possession of my Wife Elizabeth Brassel for, & during her life or widowhood In the Event of my Widow's marriage it is my Will that she should have an Equal part (with all my Surviving children) of all my personal Estate - expect those of my children who already Married & left me in the value of the Bed, furnature, Horses & cattle to be divided out of their dividend of my Estate my son Nathan to have my Wagon & geers & place of a horse It is my will & desire that my Wife Elizabeth Brassel have the use of the choice of either of either of my plantations for & during her life I mean thos plantation in Jefferson County It is my will & desire that when my youngest boy shall arrive at the age of Twenty one years, that all my Land, in Jefferson County be equally divided between them But if my widow is still living at that time not to infere with the foregoing choice---It is my Will & desire that my two tracts of Land, on the other side of the oconee River to be equally divided between my three sons Benjamins, Brassele William Brassel, I Nathan Brassel at my decease. It is my Will & desire that on each of my youngest Sons comes to the age of Eighteen years that my Executors furnish them with a horse worth Sixty Dollars to wit. Kindred Elias- & James Littleton--- I do by thers present Nominate & appoint my wife Elizabeth Brassel & benjamine Grassel as Executrix & Executors of this my last will & Testament. Utterly diaallowing & disannulling all former Wills. Exrs or Executors or Legacies by me Nominated, made or appointed or gives in any manner what ever--

Signed Sealed & Pronounced by the sd Nathan Brassel and as his last Will in the presence of us this 19th day of Jany 1816

M Newton Nathan (his X mark) Brassel

Caleb Welch

William Welch

State of Georgia}

Jefferson County} Personally appeared in open court Caleb Welch on of the subscribing witnesses to the annexed last Will of Nathan Brassel deceased and being duly Sworn saith that he was present and did see the Testator Sign and acknowledge the same to be and contain his last will and Testament and that he was of Sound and disposing mind and memory to the best of his knowledge and belief and that Moses Newton and William Welch together with this deponent did Subscribe their names as Witnesses thereto in the presence of the Testator and in each others presence

Sworn to in Open court this 3rd Nov. 1817--Caleb Welch

A. Wright, Clk

Jefferson Co., GA Will Book A pg 137

Nathan Brassel's estate settlement

Nathan's descendants fall within the S/H DNA Group.