Saturday, October 2, 2010

* James Brassell, Fayette Co., GA, 1852



Georgia}
Fayette County}

In the name of God Amen I James Brassell of said State and County being of Advanced age and Knowing that I must shortly depart this life or ????? deem it right and proper that as respects myself and family that I should make a disposition of the property which a kind providence blessed me. I therefore make this my last will and testament therby revoking and annulling all others heretofore made by me.

Item first I desire and direct that my body be buried in a decent and Christian like manner suitable to my circumstances and condition my sould I trust shall return to rest with god who gave it.

Item 2nd Second I give and bequeath to my beloved grand son James T. Brassell one thousand dollars to be paid to him by my Executor herein after named and to be paid to him when he becomes twenty one years of age and to be raised out of the proceeds of my property. I also give and bequeath to him one horse sadelle and bridle, also one bed, bed stead and furniture.

Item third After the death of my beloved wife Patsey the ballance of the property to be Equally divided between Samuel Prewitt husband of my beloved Daughter Polly and Lorenzo D. Padgette husband of my beloved Daughter Elizabeth and my beloved son Willis Brassell, William Brassell and my beloved Grand Son James T. Brassell.

Item fourth. I constitute and appoint my son Willis Brassell Executor to this my last will and testament this the 20 day of March 1852. James Brassell (LS)

Signed Sealed declared and published by James Brassell his last will and testament in the presence of us the subscribers who subscribed our names hereto in the presence of said testator and of each other this March 20th 1852.

William Brassell
Richard B. Humphrey
John C. Brassell

Source