Saturday, January 1, 2011

* Joannah Braswell Barron, Jones Co, GA, 1827



Georgia}
I Joannah Barron of the county and State aforesaid, Jones County} being of sound mind and memory but weak in body and knowing that is appointed for all women to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament revoking all other former wills.


In the first place I will and bequeath my soul to God who gave it and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my executor.

In the second place, I will and bequeath to my well beloved daughter Nancy Barron the square or lot of land No. Six in the tenth district of Jones County, together with all the houses thereon and all the household furniture, and the stock consisting of horses, cattle, sheep and hogs, and all other articles of which I am now possessed. And I further will and bequeath to my said daughter, Nancy Barron, all the lot of land (if any) to which I may be entitled in the present Land Lottery, having given in for one draw therein.

In the third place, my request and desire is that Joseph Day, Esquire, shall act as my sole executor in carrying this my last will and testament into effect.

In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name in the presence of --This 28th day of April 1827.
Thos. C. McDowell......................................Joannah Barron {Seal}
John Bridges
Adam Carson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Georgia} Court of Ordinary, March term 1834
Jones County} This day and appeared before me Adam Carson being duly sworn, deposeth and saith that he saw Joannah Barron sign and execute the foregoing to be her last will & testament and that he together with Thomas C. McDowell & John W. Bridges witnessed the same in the presence of each other and in the presence of the testator and at her request and that the testator was at the time of the execution thereof of sound mind and memory.
Swon to and subscribed before me Adam Carson
in open Court this 3rd March 1834
Charles Macarthy, C.C.O.

Note: Joannah Barron is the daughter of Joseph & Anne Braswell of Clarke County, Georgia.

Contributed by Vicki Kruschwitz