Saturday, January 1, 2011

* Samuel Barron, Jones Co, GA, 1823



Georgia}
In the name of God amen. I Samuel Barron of the Jones County} county and State aforesaid being of a sound mind and memory but weak in body and knowing that it is appointed for all men to die, do make and ordain this my last will and testament revoking all other former wills.

In the first place I will and bequeath my soul unto God who gave it and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the discretion of my Executors.

Secondly I bequeath to my well beloved wife Joanna Barron the square or lot of Land number six in the tenth district of Jones County together with the houses theron and all the household furniture to be disposed of as she may think proper together with thirteen Negroes, viz. Phebe, Grace, Burrel, Simon, Jincy, Agg, Mary, Sue, Diner, Elizar, Sampson, Jacob, Charity, and one gigg and harness.

Thirdly I will and bequeath to my daughter Sarah four Negroes namely Mariah, Page, Rose, and James.

Fourthly I will and bequeath to my son James Barron seventeen hundred and fifty dollars all ready received.

Fifthly I will and bequeath to my son Wiley Barron one Negro man named Tom and one thousand dollars in money all ready received.

Sixthly I will and bequeath to my son William Barron one Negro man named Came all ready received.

Seventhly I will and bequeath to my daughter Nancy Barron one Negro man named Prince and Negro woman Charlotte and Clary and Molly and Lize

Eighthly I will and bequeath to my daughter Rebekah Barron, now the wife of James Lockett, the following property to wit, Silvy, Limmon, Cresy, Jerry, as her full proportionable part of the Estate of the said Samuel Barron.

Ninthly I will and bequeath all the ballance of my property to my sons namely Benjamin, Jonithan, Willis, Thomas Green, Aventon Barron to be divided equally between them five children.

I now appoint James Billingslea and Adam Carson my Executors to this my last will and testament. In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and affixed my seal this tenth day of July one thousand Eight hundred and twenty three.

Signed, sealed and delivered.................................Samuel Barron
in the presants of Test.
John Kirk
Robert McGaugh
Joel Culpepper

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Georgia} This day comes and appears in the clerk's office in Jones County} vacation, John Kirk, who being duly sworn saith he was present dec'd Samuel Barron sign & execute the within & foregoing to be his last will & testament, and that the said Robert McGaugh and Joel Culpepper with himself subscribed said will & witness at the time of its execution, in the presence of the testator & in the presence of each other and at his request and that the said testator was at the time of the execution thereof of sound mind.
John Kirk
Sworn to & subscribed before
us this 35d July 1826.
James Gray, I.C.
Horatio S. Whitfield, I.C.
Attest
James Smith, C.C.O.


Note: Joannah Barron is the daughter of Joseph & Anne Braswell of Clarke County Georgia.

Contributed by Vicki Kruschwitz