Friday, April 11, 2008

* Permenter Braswell Edge. Co., NC 1827



Permenter Braswell
Will dated Oct 25 1827
Proved Nov. Ct.
1830

“very sick and weak in body but of perfect mind and memory”; beloved
wife, Margaret Braswell, “all my land that I am possessed with three Negroes, her choice, two beds and furniture, during her widowhood; grandson, Egbert Williams, $30; granddaughter Martha Ann Williams, $30; grandson, Blake Williams, $30; sons Benjamin Braswell, Robert Braswell and daughter, Ann Braswell all the residue of my estate to be equally divided at the marriage or death of my wife, the land I have given her to be equally divided between Robert Braswell and Ann Braswell, the Negroes that I have given to my wife to be equally divided between Benjamin Braswell, Robert Braswell and Ann Braswell; exe. Benjamin Braswell, Robert Braswell, Robert Barnes, signed Permenter Braswell, wit. Lovitt Killebrew, Samuel Moore. Benjamin Braswell and Robert Braswell qualified as executors. (Abstracted from copy of original, NC Archives CR.037.801.4, 6-26-01. CTC)