Monday, April 14, 2008

Wommack, Carter, Halifax Co., NC 1822

Carter WOMMACK 3 Oct. 1822 Nov. Ct. 1822 lend wife Catherine WOMMACK land and plantation whereon I now live, beds, furniture etc during her life or widowhood daughter Mary WOMMACK bed and furniture etc during her life lend my sister Patsey WOMMACK land joining Robert COCKRAN decd. My 2 sons Jourdan WOMMACK and William WOMMACK my CHAMPION tract to cultivate the ensuing year and after 1823 it to be rented out untill my youngest child (name not given) is 21 residue of my estate after wife’s death to go to my children Wit.: Kinchen HARRIS, Thomas HARRIS, Elijah BRAZWELL X his mark. Extrs.: my sons Jourdan and William (Halifax Co., NC Abstracts of Wills 1758-1824 Margaret M. Hoffman; Will Bk. 3, pg. 680)

Contributed by Nona Williams