Friday, April 11, 2008

* Robert R. Braswell Edge. Co., NC 1845



Robert R. Braswell
Will dated Dec 11, 1845
Recorded 1848
(date from folder)


“In the name of God”... “being in a sound
sence and memory thou not well in health”... Item - to my beloved wife Anseylina Braswell I lend all of my household furniture, one mule, one horse and cart and gig, all my farming tools, all my land on the east side of my canal, one Negro man Robbin, one woman named Pleasant, one boy named Isaac, I lend her ( ) (seport) for one year, also one yoke of ox and cash; Item- I give my son Joseph T. Braswell (89) acres of land called the Moore Land and $100 in money; Item- I give to Benja J. Braswell my Lovit Long plantation, my store house contents except my notes and accounts; Item- I give my son Thomas P. Braswell the plantation where my mother now lives; Item- I give my son Robert L. Braswell the two tracts of land that I “bote” of Jesse C. Knight & Laurence Moore; Item- I give to my youngest son John D. Braswell my home plantation at the death or marriage of my beloved wife; Item- I give to Benja (1) brandy still, I give to Joseph J. Braswell one brandy still, I give to one brandy still, I give to Thomas P. Braswell Benja Braswell all of my blacksmith tools of every description; Item- I give to my daughter MARGARET BRASWELL one Negro girl Cherry and $100 in money; Item- I give to my daughter Elizabeth one Negro boy named Isaac; I give to my daughter (Arretta) Braswell one Negro boy named (Cha---); Item I give to my daughter Ansy Lina Braswell one Negro girl by the name of (Jane) after the division of my mother’s estate takes place and my part of Winny Williams estate takes place my will is that both of my shares of their estates be sold and all of the property not given away in this will be sold and all the profits that arise from said be equally divided among my living children; Item- I appoint my son Benjamin Braswell and my son Joseph J. Braswell my executors and to hold and pay to each and every heir at the age of 21; signed Robert R.Braswell, wit. Wm. H. Hines, J.W. Calhoon. (Abstracted from copy of original, NC Archives CR.037.801.4, 6-26-01. CTC)