Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Soary, Andrew, Edge. Co., NC 1818

SOARY, ANDREW: Mar 22, 1818. May Ct., 1818. Bk. E, p. 185. Wife: LUCY, residue of my estate during widowhood, then divided between the chil. of SALLY THOMAS and POLLY BRASWELL; Gr. Son: HENRY, son of SOLOMON SOARY (Son), furniture, and all the rest of my property lent to my Son SOLOMON SOARY: Gr. Daug: NANCY and POLLY, his (SOLOMON's) Daugs: SOLOMON SOARY, $35 to pay a debt to ELI PORTER (?); Son: WILLIAM, furniture, shot gun, Pewter basin, iron pot, etc.; also note I hold against my Son, JOSOAH SOARY, sum of $25. I give son JOSIAH SOARY all my cider casks, cooper's tools, broad axe, Pewter basin, small iron pot, and man's saddle; Gr. Daug: ELIZABETH SOARY, and Daug: LILY (SALLY?) THOMAS, furniture; Daug; POLLY BRASWELL, $1, furniture. Exr: ZADOC BRASWELL, SOLOMON SOARY. Wit: DANIEL LAND, EDWIN BULLUCK.

Pgs. 306-307 ---- Abstracts of Wills of Edgecombe Co., NC, 1733-1856, by Ruth Smith, Williams and Margarette Glenn Griffin, Dixie Letter Service, Rocky Mount, North Carolina, 1956. Submitted by Pam Hall on 8 July 1998.

From Foy Braswell's Library